Attention! From 16th March 2020:
- you can get 50-min counseling by Skype or Google Meet after scheduling an appointment via CALENDAR ONLINE
- you can get an online short intervention via Skype provided on Monday 12h00-13h00, on Tuesday 12h00-13h00 or on Friday 12h00-13h00; prior registration is not required,
- Skype address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Before the online meeting, UW students will be asked to show their student ID cards, as well as to verbally express their consent to the processing of personal data by the CPP UW. The consultations last 20 minutes. In case of great interest, the meeting may be postponed to the next day
- phone number CPP UW is not available, don’t hesitate to contact our virtual office: email@example.com
We recommend to make subsequent appointments with the same psychotherapist that you met during the first consultation.
All conversations are covered by the rule of professional secrecy and are held on the basis of absolute confidentiality.
Information about processing of your personal data during online counselling at CPP UW
The controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw, with its headquarters at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warsaw.
You can contact the Data Controller:
- by post: Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warsaw
- by telephone: 22 55 20 000.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) supervising the correctness of personal data processing, who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The DPO can be contacted in all matters regarding the processing of your personal data by the University of Warsaw and use of your rights related with the processing of personal data.
Purposes and legal basis of data processing
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of psychological help services provided online by CPP UW, in order to protect your vital interests, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and in some cases for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims in connection to those services.
The basis for the processing of personal data is Art. 6(1)(d)(e) and (f) GDPR. If you provide us any special categories of your personal data – Art. 9(2)(h) GDPR.
Period of data storage
Your personal data will be processed while using CPP UW services and after that for a period regarding the implementation of legal obligations related to those services.
Access to your personal data will be allowed to authorised workers and coworkers of University of Warsaw, responsible for projects based on these data.
Rights related to data processing
We guarantee you the exercise of all your rights on the terms set out by the GDPR, i.e. the right to:
- access to your data and receive a copy thereof;
- rectify your personal data;
- restrict the processing of personal data;
- erase personal data (with the reservation of the Art. 17 (3) GDPR);
- lodge a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, if you believe that the processing of personal data violates the law on personal data protection.
Obligation to provide personal data and consequence of not providing personal data
Providing personal data provision is necessary for using services of online psychological help provided by CPP UW.
The Psychological Counselling Centre of The University of Warsaw provides confidential short-term counselling, crisis intervention services and evaluation of needs for academic support (eg. exam accommodations, additional leave of absence to achieve your academic opportunities) for all English-speaking students of The University of Warsaw.
Our center helps clients with various difficulties – eg. learning and workplace issues, interpersonal problems, adaptation and acculturation processes, effects of traumatic experiences, symptoms of anxiety and mood disorders or sleep disturbances. Our team respects the principle of expert-client confidentiality based on a code of professional ethics.
Our offer includes 3 meetings per semester but currently does not include a psychotherapy process – this means you would not have a chance to set and regularly evaluate long-term personal goals on the basis of a stable and developing relationship with a psychotherapist.
Check out our short video about the beginnings at the university, how to adapt to a new place, and what to do if you need support:
ONLINE PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP FOR STUDENTS AND STAFF MEMBERS ON INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE
Being on an international exchange programme may be a wonderful experience but it is also a challenge because of the new environment, new relationships and language barriers. If you feel that what was intended to be an adventure is slowly turning out to be an unpleasant experience and you feel overwhelmed, contact with us to receive professional help.
We will book an online appointment for you via Skype.
- Do not hesitate and write to us at our e-mail: email@example.com
- Please include in your message the following information: your name, surname, your student number (6 digits) and preferable time of connection via Skype.
- Schedule your appointment with a psychologist via e-mail.
- Find our Skype profile: CPP UW and a comfortable place to talk. You are ready to connect!
From 16th March our office is closed and phone number is not available.
Don’t hesitate to contact our virtual office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pasteura Street 7, Ist floor
(the old building of the Faculty of Physics – please take the entrance on your right when looking from Banacha Street)
Room 108, 1st floor 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM 694 711 731
All services are free of charge for students (regular and temporary) and employees of The University of Warsaw.
The entrance (view from Banacha Street)